Entertainment

FG blames ISWAP for Owo church massacre

The Federal Government of Nigeria has linked the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) to the attack on the St. Francis Catholic church in Owo, Ondo State on Sunday, June 5th.

Though the terrorist group has not claimed responsibility for the attack, the Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, fingered them while briefing state house correspondents after a meeting of the National Security Council presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja today June 9th.

Aregbesola said the government had been able to locate the perpetrators of the Owo attack and zeroed in on ISWAP terrorist group.

The minister, who briefed journalists alongside Inspector-General of Police, Alkali Baba Usman, said security agencies had been directed to go after the perpetrators of the act and bring them to justice.

The minister said the group was out to pitch Nigerians against one another and make it appear as ethno-religious war.

He said there was no ethnic agenda in the attack, urging Nigerians to unite and defeat the terrorists.

Spread the love

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button